Freedom of Information Act
Request for Examination or Copy of Records
The Chatham Police Department will respond to your request within five working days from the date submitted unless one or more of the reasons for an extension of the time provided in the Freedom of Information Act is invoked by the Chatham Police Department. Also certain arrest records will be made available within three days as requested by the Act.
Schedule of Fees:
- The first 50 black and white copies are free and all pages over 50 are $0.15 per page.
- Color copies are $0.45 per page.
- Certify the document(s): $1.00 per request.
- Traffic Crash Reports: $5.00 each.
- Traffic Crash Reports where reconstruction is involved: $20.00 each.
- Photo/Video CD’s (CD-R): $1.00 each.
- Photo/Video DVD’s (DVD-R): $1.40 each.